Creating & Marketing Poetry/Spoken Word
Lead Artist: Dan Vaughn
This summer, our program team will work together to create a chapbook of original poetry, as well as create an audio CD of our poems being read aloud. We will present this work at a poetry reading at the end of the program that will be open to the public, and we will pursue a variety of opportunities to market and sell the poetry chapbook and audio CD. This program will be broken down into 2 main phases:
Phase I: Becoming knowledgeable about poetry/spoken word and the processes that go into creating it.
Phase II: As a team, designing and creating the chapbook and audio CD of our work.
Introducing the Apprentice Team:
- James B. ~ Milwaukee High School of the Arts
- Dierre C. ~ Madison H.S.
- Rose D. ~ Bradley Tech H.S.
- Jeanette F. ~ Ronald Reagan H.S.
- Yasmeen G. ~ Rufus King H.S.
- Kyerra L. ~ Brown Deer H.S.
- Jazmine P. ~ Milwaukee High School of the Arts
- Steven Q. ~ Rufus King H.S.
The team will begin blogging about their experience and team progress on a weekly basis beginning Monday, June 28th!